Illion Media Technologies Private Limited (“Illion”) has created this privacy statement in order to detail the use of information furnished by You, a User to Illion Media Technologies Pvt Ltd in the course of accessing its site ONVI.MEDIA (“Site”) or availing its services (“Services”).
1. INFORMATION COLLECTION
We collect the following types of Information about You that you may fill as well as when you use our site: Email address, Phone number, information for the purpose of billing, demographic information, behavioural information, and indirect Information, (as defined below, and collectively, “Information”).
Additionally, we also collect account Information and personal Information (as defined below) from You.
We may collect from you, information which is not unique to you and refers to selected population characteristics (“Demographic Information”) including age, gender and occupation.
We may also collect information about how you use the Site and information about your device and software including usage statistics, traffic data, your IP address, browser and operating system type, domain names, access times, locations, your previous orders and transactions including the product and pricing details, transaction information and payment and browsing history (“Behavioural Information”).
Your use of certain third-party services on the site also requires us to collect such information as is considered necessary for that purpose (“Indirect Information”).
While we may collect demographic information, behavioural information and indirect information when you access or use the site, we collect account information and personal information only from you.
The IT Act and the Information Technology (Reasonable security practices and procedures and sensitive personal data or information) Rules, 2011 (“SPDI Rules”) regulate the collection, usage, retention and disclosure of personal information, which is defined under the SPDI Rules as any information that relates to a natural person, which, either directly or indirectly, in combination with other information available or likely to be available to a body corporate, is capable of identifying such person.
The SPDI Rules further define “Sensitive Personal Data or Information” (“SPDI”) of a person as personal information about that person relating to:
- financial information such as bank accounts, credit and debit card details or other payment instrument details;
- physical, physiological and mental health condition;
- sexual orientation;
- medical records and history;
- biometric information;
- any detail relating to the above clauses as provided to the body corporate for providing services; and
- any of the information received under above clauses by body corporate for processing, stored or processed under lawful contract or otherwise.
All Account information and Personal Information is provided by you to us voluntarily. Collection, use and disclosure of personal information requires your express consent. By providing us with Personal Information, you are providing us with your consent to our use, collection, dissemination and disclosure of the Personal Information.
2. USE OF INFORMATION
We use your Information, inter alia, for the following purposes:
- To operate and improve the site in order to foster a positive user experience and to improve our business as a whole;
- Analysing data, tracking trends, building algorithms, creating databases for rating systems, recommendations engines, etc.;
- For non-targeting reasons such as frequency capping, compliance, billing, ad reporting or delivery, market research or product development purposes;
- To conduct audits and quality assessment procedures;
- To analyse the use of Our resources, troubleshooting problems and improving Our Services, by using the information regarding Your mobile device and software;
- To comply with applicable law;
- Contacting Users for offering new products or services;
- To respond to any queries that You may have, and to communicate information to You, including notifications of any promotions or alerts, any updates to the Site, or the introduction of any future fees or charges that We may collect at the time for the provision of Our Services to You.
- To contact you from time to time to record your valuable feedback on our Services, as they currently stand, and/or any potential Services that may be offered in the future.
(Collectively, the above constitute “the Purposes”).
If you wish to opt out of receiving non-essential communications such as promotional and marketing-related information regarding the Services, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. DISCLOSURE OF THE INFORMATION
We disclose Your Information, Account Information or Personal Information, as the case may be to third parties in the manner specified below:
- Disclosing Your Information, Account Information and Personal Information to companies and individuals who are authorised by Us to perform certain functions;
- We may share Your Information and Account Information with Our partners, affiliates, investors, stakeholders or potential associates in an anonymized and aggregate manner, so that they too may understand how Users use Our Site, and enable Us to create a better overall experience for You.
- We also share aggregated anonymous information about Users with Our clients, partners, other Site Users, and other third parties so that they may be aware of the nature and number of Users using the Site, in order for them to be able to serve advertisements and other kinds of marketing information that may be relevant for You on Our Site;
- We may disclose and transfer Your Information, Account Information and Personal Information to a third party who acquires, or may potentially acquire, Our business, whether such acquisition is by way of a merger, consolidation or purchase of all or a substantial portion of Our assets;
- We may transfer Information, Account Information and Personal Information to a third party, including persons outside India, to improve the Services; and
We will disclose Your Information, Account Information and
Personal Information if legally required to do so, pursuant to an
order from a governmental entity, Court or in good faith. We will
disclose the Information to:
- Conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process;
- Protect Our rights or property or Our affiliated companies;
- Prevent a crime or protect national security; or
- Protect the personal safety of Users or the public.
Third parties referred to in section 3(d) above includes:
- Our associates, affiliates or related entities;
- Any of our agents, contractors or third-party service providers that process or will be processing Your Information, and relevant Account Information on Our behalf, including but not limited to those which provide administrative or other services to Us such as mailing houses, telecommunication companies, information technology companies and data centres; and
Subject to applicable law, we may at Our sole discretion, transfer Personal Information to any other body corporate (as defined under the Information Technology Act, 2000) that ensures at least the same level of data protection as is provided by Us under the terms hereof, located in India or any other country.
By using the Site, You accept the terms hereof and You hereby consent to the storage and processing of Personal Information.
4. THIRD PARTY LINKS
The Site may include hyperlinks to various external websites, and may also include advertisements, and hyperlinks to websites, applications, content or resources (“Third Party Links”). We have no control over such Third-Party Links present on the Site, which are provided by persons or companies other than Us. You acknowledge and agree that We are not responsible for any collection or disclosure of Your information by any external sites, applications, companies or persons thereof. The presence of any Third Party Links on our App, cannot be construed as a recommendation, endorsement or solicitation for the same, or any other material on or available via such Third Party Links.
You further acknowledge and agree that We are not liable for any loss or damage which may be incurred by You as a result of the collection and/or disclosure of Your information via Third Party Links, as a result of any reliance placed by You on the completeness, accuracy or existence of any advertising, products services, or other materials on, or available via such Third Party Links. This will include all transactions, and information transmitted therein, between You and any such third party sites or applications or resources, such transactions are strictly bi-partite. We shall not be liable for any disputes arising from or in connection with such transactions between You and the aforementioned third parties.
5. CHANGES TO YOUR INFORMATION
We reserve the right to verify and authenticate Your identity and Your Account Information and/or Your Personal Information in order to ensure accurate delivery of Services. Access to or correction, updating or deletion of Your Account Information or Personal Information may be denied or limited by Us if it would violate another person’s rights and/or is not otherwise permitted by applicable law.
6. SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We endeavour to maintain physical, technical and procedural safeguards that are appropriate to protect your Information against loss, misuse, copying, damage or modification and unauthorized access or disclosure. Some of the security measures adopted by Us are:
We review Our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems; and
We restrict access to Personal Information, to Our employees and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for Us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations, and may be disciplined or whose relationship with Us may terminate if they fail to meet these obligations.
Our security management standards are in compliance with ISO 27001. ISO 27001 (Information Technology – Security Techniques – Information Security Management System - Requirements) which is a widely recognized international security management standard that specifies security management best practices and comprehensive security controls and our compliance with ISO 27001 demonstrates our commitment to information security at every level.
No employee or administrator of the Company will have knowledge of Your password. It is important for You to protect against unauthorized access to Your password and Your device. Be sure to log off from the Site when finished. We do not undertake any liability for any unauthorised use of Your Account and password. If You suspect any unauthorized use of Your Account, You must immediately notify Us by sending an email to email@example.com. You shall be liable to indemnify Us due to any loss suffered by Us due to such unauthorized use of Your Account, password.
Further, We shall not be responsible for any breach of security or for any actions of any third parties or events that are beyond Our reasonable control including but not limited to acts of government, computer hacking, unauthorised access to computer data and storage device, computer crashes, breach of security and encryption, poor quality of Internet service or telephone service of the User, etc.
7. RETENTION OF INFORMATION
We will also put in place measures such that Your Account Information and Personal Information, which is in Our possession or under Our control, is destroyed and/or anonymized as soon as it is reasonable to assume that
- the Purpose for which that Account Information or Personal Information were collected is no longer being served by the retention of such Account Information or Personal Information; and
- retention is no longer necessary for any other reason.
If You wish to cancel Your account, or request that We no longer use Your Account Information and Personal Information to provide You Services, contact Us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We, however, reserve the right to retain, store and use Your Information, Account Information or Personal Information or content for Our business purposes, whether such Information or Your Account has been deleted or not. After a period of time, Your data may be anonymized and aggregated, and then may be held by Us as long as necessary for Us to provide Our Services effectively, but Our use of the anonymized data will be solely for analytic purposes.
Please note that Your withdrawal of consent or cancellation of Account may result in Us not being able to provide You with Our Services, or terminate any existing relationship that We may have with You. Please also note that non usage of the Site will not result in termination of Your use of the Site or Services.
9. COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
We utilize “cookies” and other tracking technologies. A “cookie” is a small text file that may be used, for example, to collect information about activity on the Site. Some cookies and other technologies may serve to recall information previously indicated by a User. Most browsers settings allow You to control cookies, including whether or not to accept them and how to remove them. You may set most browsers to notify You if You receive a cookie, or You may choose to block cookies with Your browser.
At all times, You may refuse all cookies by changing the necessary settings in the browser/ device to the extent permissible. However, by doing so, You may not be able to use certain features or take full advantage of all the offerings and interest-based advertising.
We will take reasonable care to ensure that the information posted on the website is accurate. However, we do not warrant or guarantee the accuracy or completeness of the information provided on this Website. Under no circumstances will we be liable for any loss or direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages caused by reliance on this information. The information on this site / terms and conditions may be changed or updated without notice. Users are deemed to be apprised of and bound by such changes. We may also make improvements and/or changes in the products, services and/or programs described on this site at any time without notice.
You agree and undertake to fully indemnify Us, our affiliates, assigns, group companies, its directors, its employees, officers, agents and partners from and against all actions, proceeding, claims, liabilities, disputes, demands, mutually agreed costs, legal proceedings, awards (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising directly or indirectly as a result of disclosure of information by You, your personnel, or persons acting under your authority or direction to third parties either through Our Site or otherwise and Your use and access of websites, applications and resources of third parties. We assume no liability for any actions of third parties with regard to Your Information, Account Information or Personal Information which You may have disclosed to such third parties.
13. ENFORCEABILITY OF THESE PROVISIONS
Should any of these terms and conditions be held invalid, that invalid provision shall be construed to be consistent with the applicable law, and in the manner so as to remain consistent with our original intent. Provisions not otherwise held invalid shall remain in force.
14. SECURITY WARNINGS
It is up to You to take precautions to ensure that whatever You select for your use is free of such items as viruses, worms, Trojan horses, malicious codes and other items of a destructive nature. In no even will we be liable to any party for any loss – Direct, Indirect, Incidental, Special or Consequential damages caused by the use of this Site or any other hyperlinked website.
15. GRIEVANCE OFFICER AND CONTACT INFORMATION
In accordance with the IT Act and rules made there under, the name and contact details of the Grievance Officer are provided below:
You may write to email@example.com , grievance officer.